Sunday, September 23, 2007

Catch up...

I have a spare moment to share what's been going on of late. And it won't take long.

There have been a couple of quizzes recently, we finished 5th in our second attempt at the one at our new local, then 3rd. My proudest quiz moments so far are getting Waiting For God from the theme tune, and knowing the Poirot novel where there are 13 killers.

Bingo has also been successful. Just when were getting a bit angry at the same 2 people winning every game going, I took out the last game for a $30 voucher. Nice.

As for sports, well, the 11-a-side season is over. We have an awards do next weekend where I'm not expecting to come away with anything. I only scored 3 goals and had a niggling heel injury for the second half of the season. Not much to shout/write about really.

I have made my long awaited return between the sticks with a few appearances for a mate's indoor 5-a-side team. Mixed results but I've been playing pretty well and enjoying the fun to be had playing in nets. One thing I haven't been enjoying so much is the penalty situation. I'm used to the the taker only being allowed a one-step run up, but not so in this format - they can take as much of a run up as they like. I've had to face 3 so far and the only joy I had was when I jumped and turned mid air, offering my substantial backside when the ball was struck. Not surprisingly I saved it, but the ball fell to the striker and the good work of my arse went to waste.

Sports viewing has been at an all time low. England couldn't seem to put in a half decent performance, let alone win, in just about any sporting code. But a win for the rugby, and Oldham getting off the bottom of the table has cheered me up momentarily.

So as you can see, not much exciting has been going on. Maybe this is the calm before the storm - Lunt's visit is only a few weeks away...

No comments: