Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Another English import...

Shortland St (which I'm pretty sure was on late night tv when I was at uni) is NZ's biggest and best soap opera. And recently, it's gone off the scale.

Like established superstars before him such as Michael Barrymore and a band member of Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Adam Rickitt is now plying his trade in NZ...


This picture doesn't really do it justice, but this "former teen idol pin up" (not my words) now looks weaker than a kiwi curry.

Here's a fact you may not know... Adam Rickitt flirted with Conservative party politics. I'm not sure Cameron has quite got the Blair publicity talent. Cheesy photos with Noel Gallacher at the height of Britpop vs. a failed actor/mime artist delivering your policies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My god, he's lost weight. I might stick him on my 2008 celeb death list.

I remember watching him on TV once and thinking 'gay as a lorry'. I'm guessing that's true.

Anonymous said...

Shortland Street used to be on a weekday afternoon on ITV (2pm), but it seems to have gone away now.

I know my Antipodean soaps you know!!!!

Mark Millward said...

rickett! rickett! rick-ett! rick-ett!

he was a figure of fun amongst our troop at university. always mocking the fey "fart-throb" for being incredibly.... mediocre.

now he is just incredibly thin. the twit.

Anonymous said...

why he looks like a ten year old boy!

Anonymous said...

eh up lad!

adam rickitt was once described as the ultimate F*&^...haha