Saturday, March 17, 2007

Superstition aint the way...

I got up very early to watch England take on NZ in the cricket world cup today. I managed to make it quite a way through the England innings but gave up when we were 140-7. I went back to bed and when I got back up again we had gone on to make 209 without losing another wicket and had reduced NZ to 77-4.

I jokingly mentioned this to Creegan on text and said that the current partnership would probably go on to win the game now I'm watching. Which they did.

Also, whenever I've made the effort to stay up and listen to Oldham's game they've never won. In fact, I don't remember them even scoring a goal.

I'm not a superstitious person by nature but what the hell is that all about? Obviously my decision to tune in to a game won't affect what's happening on the other side of the world. Or will it? Am I just unfortunate? Or do I remember the bad stuff more than the good stuff? Or maybe I'm just spewing out my thoughts on this and boring you all? Who knows?

The clocks go back (or is it forward?) this weekend which coupled with the bad weather suggests that summer is coming to a close. Disappointing.

In other news I watched possibly the most girly film ever last night. I got my way watching the Simpsons and in return gave control of the remote to Jo. This was a bad move as I was stuck with having to watch The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants.

Now I have plenty of track record in whinging about having to watch girly films or romcoms then secretly enjoying them (I'm a bit of a closet Gaz Russell). But this one was too much. No bloke should have to watch this. I have been the sacrificial lamb here fellas - if a girl ever tries to get you to watch this just do like Zammo. You have been warned...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do like Zammo!?!? Wasn't the guy from Grange Hill who took drugs?

Have you ever seen Supergirl? Now that's a good film designed for the layzees. Oh dear IMDB gives it an unimpressive 3.8 and it turns out that Peter O'Toole was nominated for a Golden Raspberry for the worst acting performance of 1984 due to it. I think I liked it because I thought Supergirl was fit when I was about 10, which she was. With dark hair anyway.

What do you think?

Oh dear. I think I'm going to live to regret all of the above.

Anonymous said...

Whoops. I've Freudianed the spelling of laydeez.

Mark Millward said...

at least you didn't spell it gaydeez

og, i presume this post passes the Gartside Comment-filt-no-more-atron 2000 post filter?

Owen said...

I have no idea what you two are on about.

Zammo - just say no.

mrCreegan said...

cheers for the tip. At least you never got dragged to the cinema to watch pride and prejudice. I'll never get those 2 hours back.