Saturday, July 21, 2007

Birthdays galore...

Happy birthday to my 3 favourite ladies (not Destiny's Child)...


L'il sis Natalie turned 28 on July 4th, my mum turned 37 (plus change) on the 17th and Jo turned 23 on the 19th.

As with things like stag do's, which turned to stag weekends, to stag weeks, Jo is having plenty of birthweek celebrations.

First up was a party at her friends house. We arrived early to help set up, so instead of watching the All Blacks take on South Africa I was baking a cake with a bunch of girls, listening to Pink and slagging off ex boyfriends. It was a fun night though and I managed not to embarrass myself in front of her friends. I even nailed a few vodkas to prove my worth.

Then on Wednesday I tagged along on her family meal out at a restaurant called Art Ducko - a lovely meal, although I was a tad disappointed there was only one duck item on the menu.

This weekend saw the last All Black home match before the world cup. It was against the old foes, Australia at Eden Park - just up the street. All this would suggest that I'd get tickets in plenty of time. Alas, no. I left it too late and it sold out. So, to the auction sites. Just when I was beginning to despair at the amount of people who were 'unable to go, so I just want to get rid of my ticket.... for 6 times face value', I happened upon a genuine seller who sold his tickets for face value and Jo and I were in. Sweet.

What wasn't so sweet was the weather. We were on the terraces which, despite the name, are seated. They aren't covered though and we got soaked through despite the stylish ponchos Jo's mum provided us with...




The best atmosphere came during the haka...



To wrap up Jo's birthweek we went skiing at the local indoor venue. Jo hasn't skied since primary school but that didn't show as she took off down the slopes...



Good times.

No comments: