Monday, July 14, 2008

Nuptials...

3 posts per month is the average for this year so far. That's not particularly prolific. But then again, I swore this wouldn't turn into a diary of my breakfast habits nor did I want to bore anyone reading with my views on political matters such as the anti smacking bill. (Unnecessary, in case you were wondering)

Nope, I'm going to stick to my guns of only posting personal events of interest. Events that may be include comedy pictures...




Or nice ones for me Ma...




The other weekend Jo and I and family attended the wedding of family friends. It was a very churchy affair, not in a good (catholic) way though, one of those new fangled ones that you see on GODTV should you ever stay on it long enough while channel surfing through to programming for the discerning gentleman (Boz).

The ceremony took place in a "church" with that word given the old nodding fingers routine because it was more like a state of the art theatre. Complete with giant screens, several very fancy cameras, a booming sound system and a full on band with very shiny, and therefore presumably expensive, instruments. St Joseph and St Teresa in Woodlands it was not.

However, each to their own and I escaped without being brainwashed or fleeced for 50% of my income. Not that I'm using stereotypes or anything! It was querky in parts (especially when some of the congregation appeared to be having actual out of body experiences during a Christian soft rock ballad), but enjoyable and they're a lovely couple and I was made to feel very welcome despite only having met them once before.

The evening bash was set in a country club about an hour south of where we're based on the North Shore. Jo and I had taken advantage of the wedding guest room rate of $100 (about 40 quid) which bought us a 1 bedroomed villa with huge bathroom and great views of the course and the water. The speeches were very funny, food was outstanding and, given that quite a number of the guests were teetotal, the booze was free flowing.

The following morning we headed back to Auckland after taking time to have a stroll along a beautiful beach...

2 comments:

Swiss James said...

Blooming heck Gartside, I thought you were going to make an announcement then!

Dead hot here in Manchester- and no restrictions on commenting on your blog. Vive le Chorlton!

(oh and also N-U-P-T-I-A-L-S)

Owen said...

I try to talk foe net ee cal ee for may less intellectual readers. I'd have thought you'd be the one with the announcement to make if you knew the correct spelling of that word!