Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shootin' sum B ball outside ova school...

I scored some more free tickets from Radio Sport. This time for the Tall Blacks vs Boomers (New Zealand vs Australia in old money) basketball international at the North Shore Events Centre.

It was my first ever live bball game and it was pretty interesting. I had no idea how much elbowing and shoving people over went on. Netball it aint.

There were quite a few other things going on to entertain us when the game was on of it's many breaks. Such as an entertaining 4-4 draw between to U13 girl sides shooting at hoops that 7 footers have to jump to reach. Some guy had a free throw for $1000. He rimmed it but netted the rebound from further out for no reward. Unlucky.

There was also a half time presentation for recently retired Tall Black Dylan Boucher. Although the PA system wasn't quite up to scratch as Jo thought some random guy was being given a dinner voucher.

We left before the end to beat the traffic and the aussies were so far ahead it didn't really matter.

If I can get the picture from my phone to here I'll show you one of the best mullets I've ever seen in person. Hicktastic.

1 comment:

Swiss James said...

Bring on the mullet!