Sunday, June 08, 2008

From the birthday weekend of one England's best loved characters here in NZ to another - mine! 29 again and I don't look a day older.

As I've previously hinted at, there will be a major booze up in celebration next weekend with the focal point being the rugby test between NZ and England. There are 13 of us going with only 3 being poms so we'll have to go some to outshout them.

This weekend has been fairly quiet. Jo lavished me with plenty of gifts, including several items from the english shop (mmm dandelion & burdock...). The main gift being a new phone. I've had my other one since my first week in the country and, like my camera, has been through the mill somewhat. Including being dropped more times than Graeme Hick (or Matthew Sinclair depending on which country you're reading this). Finally, it's been consigned to the draw of other shitnaks that will get moved around from place to place till I eventually decide I don't need to keep it in about 10 years time. The big shock for me is that it's my first non-Nokia so my texting speed has dropped right off. In fact, I'm so slow my mum could probably beat me in a text-off. Grate. (In-joke).

And so back to work tomorrow after a relaxing birthday weekend. I think I've pushed the "you cook tonight, it's my birthday" privileges about as far as I can. Although, those who witnessed me drag out my leaving do(s) over several months will probably not be too surprised if Jo gets subjected to that for the rest of the week.

Finally, for those who witnessed mine and Millhouse's sporting war on the comments a couple of posts ago, don't worry, it's been put to bed. I killed him. Gartside knows best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rumours of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Apologies to anyone caught in crossfire of recent comments. But he deserved it/started it, miss.

Og.happy birthday youngster!hope you had a good one.
Turns out my sisters moving out to nz in six months. So then I'll have no excuse for not visiting. I believe she'll be in auckland too