Wednesday, May 17, 2006

To kill a mocking bird...

Due to technical difficulties there's been a delay in getting my photos up from the party at the weekend.

So, to keep Boz from having to do too much work I'll babble on about my latest sporting excursion...indoor cricket.

Hamish (Kat's fella) asked me if I fancied a game on Sunday evening, so I went along to try and quench my thirst for competitive sport, with absolutely no idea what happens or how it worked. In summary, the game is 16 overs per side on a full size pitch, there are 8 players on each team each of whom bowls 2 overs and bats for 4. The court is about...hang on, I'm boring myself. For those who give a rats batty about how big the court is, how you score runs etc then look HERE

We bowled first and the opposition scored 122. Fielding is quite tricky - the game moves pretty quickly and it's quite an enclosed space. I was suffering with a horrendous hangover from the party and hadn't eaten since lunch time on the Saturday. So my performance in the field was more Sends'emback than Collingwood. I did however keep my bowling surprisingly straight and only went for 6 runs in each of my overs.

Our run chase started spectacularly well, then went spectacularly wrong, so by the time me and Hamish went in as the 3rd partnership things were looking bleak. It took me a while to get my eye in but I ended up doing ok scoring 10 of our 37 runs together.

We ended up losing, but it was a good laugh and something I'll hopefully be doing regularly. They really should have something like this in England - you don't need pads or any equipment...bats/balls/gloves are provided and they have several courts in one indoor place (about half the size of jjb). Maybe a business idea for some of you over there - cash in whilst the public is still riding on the waves of last years ashes euphoria.

1 comment:

Owen said...

No, smarty pants. It was 122 to 95 or something. Our partnership contributed 37.