Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Park Life

Me and Rob made our Sunday League debuts on, well, Sunday obviously. After Rob posted our availability on the Auckland Sunday Football Association, we were quickly snapped up by Greenhithe in the Premier League.

Unfortunately we couldn't turn around their poor start to the season as we lost 2-1, but I did manage to score our goal.

Having had a pretty heavy night and getting home at about 5am it was no surprise our fitness wasn't up to much. Rob was subbed at half time from his midfield role, but I managed to last the 90 minutes - however, this was entirely the result of playing up front in a bottom of the table side...lots of time to stand around and recover.

We got invited back though, so expect to see me topping the golden boot charts within a few weeks.

4 comments:

Hotstuff said...

You scored!?!?! Give us a Daniels style unlikely description then (it was a toe ender from four yards after a bit of butterfingers goalkeeping, whatever you say).

FYI - World in Motion is the best England song ever, and even nudges the Anfield Rap into second spot as the best ever football song. JB should have moved into rap rather than presenting football shows. He'd toast that Marshall Mathers in a rap off.

Owen said...

It was a combination of quick thinking, lethal pace and cool finishing...I intercepted a back pass and as I approached the keeper thinking I would have to take it round him he kindly shuffled to one side and I had half the net to roll the ball into. Straight from the Lunt school of goalkeeping.

I won't go into how I hit the bar with a volley from a corner.

Hotstuff said...

James - I believe that 'rap-offs' are common in the Bronx. I've seen gentlemen such as 'fiddy' (aka 50 pence or something) and the like do it in music videos.

Hotstuff said...

The below reminds me of home. Better not look at in work as it contains images of some tasty* females au naturelle.

Hot girls here

* incredible double pun