Monday, June 12, 2006

Seoul revisited



A few weeks ago I met up with friends of my parents, Helen and Toby. After a couple of whiskies (extremely large ones courtesy of Toby), we headed to the nearby Korean restaurant.

James, you would have been proud of me...we had the bbq and I led the way with the creating of the parcels, including the spicy kimchi. Of course, all washed down with some Makoli. It was a really fun evening and you wouldn't have known I hadn't seen them since I was a youngster. Last week I also met up with their son, Andrew, who was on his own round the world trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were there to guide us through the cooking/serving/eating process Owen and what to wash it down with! Glad you enjoyed Toby's whiskies - he is know to pour a decent measure!

We enjoyed the evening too, and were just glad they didn't have monkey's brain or dog on the menu under some secret unknown name. We are enjoying your Blogsite from back home in the Tunbridge Wells 28 degrees heatwave. H&T