Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Testing, testing...

Yesterday I took the hardest exam since my final year tourism module at Staffs Uni. After hours of hard slog I was prepared to take my road code theory test and managed to scrape 100%. Now I am an official New Zealand drivers licence holder.

There were several questions I sweated over, here are a couple of good examples:

Which of the following sentences is TRUE?

a. Alcohol makes you a better driver
b. Alcohol has no effect on the way you drive
c. Alcohol makes you react faster when driving
d. Alcohol slows down your reactions when driving.

Or how about this one....

You may stop on a motorway only:

a. to let down or pick up passengers.
b. if there is an emergency.
c. to make a U-turn.
d. to stop and take a photo.

I was stuck on this for a while, couldn't decide between b and d. In the end I took a guess and fortunately got it right.

2 comments:

Bozzley said...

surely a trick question, you can only stop on a motorway to help vulnerable women.

Hotstuff said...

The second one is definitely b. For example, if you've finished your beer, want to further improve your reaction time and the rest are in the boot.