Saturday, September 16, 2006

Weekend...again...do I do anything midweek?

Don't think much happened this week really. Kept tabs on Oldham's stunning away win at Nottm Forest on Wednesday morning. Went for a few games of killer in the local pool hall on Thursday night with Dave and Rob. Other than that it's been fairly quiet.

We decided that Friday would be a big night out and it's been a long time coming. So we got some beers in and got started. A few lads Rob coached at rugby came round (5 of them, all about 18/19) which made for a good laugh and some interesting conversations.

Then Casey came round and me, him and Rob went off in to town. First stop was a karaoke bar. Not really sure why, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. This video may suggest otherwise...



To be fair, our Hey Jude rendition got the whole place up and dancing. Ok, this may have only been the Korean owner lady (who was very impressed with my knowledge of Korean alcohol), the couple of dodgy old blokes who were trying to pull her and a couple of young girls who worked there (not in that way).

We left them wanting more and headed off to First Base Backpackers bar to sample the "Indie night". I was actually pretty impressed, ok, so it wasn't exactly indie but it wasn't bad music, the crowd was pretty good and I partnered a German girl to a stunning table footie victory over two lads who looked like John McEnroe and Paul from the Wonder Years.

We then moved on to the viaduct and tried a few places out. Nothing special really but that didn't put us off. Casey left about 2 but me and Rob kept going till about 4 before heading to the Whitehouse then home.

2 days to relax now before going back to work...I'm going to need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it just me or does paul from the wonder years look like pete with austin powers glasses on?

Owen said...

I'm hearing that. Almost put it in the text but I thought I'd see if it got pointed out.

Another new one?