Thursday, February 22, 2007

The earth moved...

Quake! Auckland was hit last night by the full force of a 4.5 earthquake. It was hit by 3 in total but I only felt one of them, shaking the whole house for about half a second right in the middle of a dramatic bit on Lost. For a moment I thought it was the polar bears or the black smoke but then I came to my senses and figured out I'd just experienced my first earthquake.

I'm not counting the one that hit Stoke years ago that shook a couple of jellies and spooked a canary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there was a bout of loads of em in manc a few years back. it rattled my desk at work and we all adopted the duck and cover for the next 3 days until it wore off.

Anonymous said...

Spooking the canary sounds like a euphemism for something. In fact I think I'm going to start using it as such