Wednesday, February 21, 2007

So long, farewell...

Well, it’s been a hectic couple of weeks and my mum had a couple of days rest before heading back on that plane to the UK.

We arrived back in Auckland on the Saturday and just put our feet up for the evening. We had grander plans for the Sunday though as my mum, myself and Jo set off up north for a day nosing around a few of the northern beaches.



Several hours of driving (my driving I might add, whilst those two snoozed) and a quick tour of a few beaches later and we were back at Jo’s parents place for a BBQ. It was a fun night and everyone got on very well. Fortunately.

And so to Monday and the tearful farewell at Auckland airport. It’s been a great having my mum visit and I just want to say thanks to everyone who made her feel so welcome – the Kidds who had us over for a BBQ, the Millers who gave us a bed for the night in Wellington and the O’Neills who invited us over for the evening. Meeting my friends and their families certainly made my mum feel better about me making the move over here.

Final thanks is to my mum for making the trip over - wasn't easy to come all that way on your own but it was appreciated. I'm looking forward to next Christmas and my first trip back to the UK.

No comments: