Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend

Had to keep things fairly quiet seeing as I'm unemployed and low on funds. But I maybe had a few drinks on Saturday night, but did keep Sunday fairly cheap - Jo, her sister Maree and myself went to a free music festival.

Playing at Rock the Park were Eskimo Joe, Evermore (who's latest video is basically a Sally from Home & Away montage) and The Feelers. The Feelers are one of NZ's biggest bands at the moment and were probably delighted to be introduced on stage as "New Zealand's hardest working band..."

It was good to see some live music for the first time in a while. It was a scorching day and the crowds flocked in...





We took a picnic. I take eating a chocolate biscuit very seriously...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yorkshire boy Gartside exhibiting thrifty tendencies!!?! This isn’t the Gartside I remember...

(e.g. "I paid £2.50 for that damn hamster").

Bother, I haven't replied to your email, have I? Will do soon.

(is this posted twice? It isn't working)

This is RL btw. The site is playing up again.

Mark Millward said...

That hamster comment was an absolute classic. I'm surprised you were heard on the other end of t'phone, with me snoring away in the background and mark 'trumpy-trousers' daniels farting like his life depended on it.

apologies, i've not commented on your blog for ages, the sheer size of recent posts have put it in the "i must read those posts properly, then comment". and that is what i'm about to do know.

you could make biscuit eating an olympic sport. in fact, in some schools in some echelons of society, i believe it almost is.