Saturday, March 04, 2006

After the couple of minor negative issues I had with NZ in a previous post I thought I'd re-dress that with a couple of things I love about this place...

1. The night sky - when it's clear its pretty freakin' impressive. About a million more stars than the skies over the UK and, for some reason, the sky just looks bigger. No picture of this though as my camera probably couldn't have coped with such a task even before I dropped it on its arse repeatedly.

2. Ex-volcanic crators/hills and lakes make for some breathtaking local scenery. Tucked away about 2 minutes walk from my street is the Orakei basin , where I took a stroll on my last week day as a free man. The bloke taking his wife and their young child on a cruise on the water on their speed boat received some very envious glances as I contemplated my impending return to office life. My time will come after I've made my millions.

Orakei Basin

No comments: