Sunday, March 19, 2006

Weekend...

It's Sunday morning and I have a stinker of a hangover.

Yesterday I got up pretty early and went for a round of golf with my housemate Ryno. This turned out to be a pretty good move as whilst we were queuing at the first tee a couple of blokes from a casting agency came up to see if we were interested in being in an advert for Boots to be screened in the UK. This got a big old yes from me so they took my details and a couple of mugshots and will get back some time this week if they want me. This could be the start of a new career don't you think? If I'm honest, the biggest attraction to getting called up would be the $200 they pay for an afternoon of standing around. Sweet.



After the golf I met up with Si and went to watch Auckland City play a top of the table clash against Youngheart Manawatu. 2-1 to the home side, not that anyone really cares.

Then we went to meet Leanne and her friend Jessica in the boozer - and here begins the journey I went on to feel so rough today. A few beers, followed by champagne at Si and Leanne's to celebrate Jessica recently qualifying as a diving instructor, followed by more beers in another boozer. I'm using the excuse of not having any dinner for knocking a pint over Jessica's leg. I've still got the magic touch with the ladies, eh?

Football in a couple of hours - I may very well pass out.

No comments: