Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Behind the scenes...

This post is for all you doubting thomassessessessess. I got a call from the production company on Saturday afternoon, asking if I was free for filming the next day. God damn right I was. So, at 7.30am I rolled up to the old Union Fish Company building in the city and reported for duty.

The brief was business people walking along a London street, so I was decked out pretty dapper and armed with a rain coat. I put myself forward for the first scene and got picked! No mean feat as there were only 12 of us for this shoot and there were 80 extras in total, most of which were attached to agencies. Get in.

We had to walk down the street in the rain, looking up at the sky and acting naturally. My slant on this was to talk into my mobile - this went down well and to cut a very long story every so slightly shorter, I ended up walking right to the camera and getting a lot of exposure. After each take I was talking with the director and getting some, well, direction. A lot of fun, and at the end the AD (assistant director for the laymen) took my name as if they use this shot I should get a bit of airtime...AND MORE MONEY. Totally worth getting soaked to the core.

The afternoon started really well as I got selected along with another guy to play the security guards in the airport scene. However, I wasn't in shot much in this one and essentially stood in the same place for about 4 hours.

I had a really good day all in all, drank lots of tea, ate some biscuits, had a really nice lunch and chatted to quite a lot of interesting people. The one downside though was I didn't have my camera with me - a common mistake for the novice blogger.

A DATE FOR YOUR DIARIES....THIS AD GOES TO AIR IN THE UK ON MAY 21ST DURING CORONATION STREET.

I shall be posting several reminders and probably sending several emails - wouldn't want any of you to miss my big moment now would I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

although i don't watch "cor'r" i will try my bestenest to watch. since 21st is a sunday does this mean i have to sit through a hundred hours of it? i might just set the video. or better still, someone else could set their video and lend me the tape.

Hotstuff said...

I believe they will select your less than aesthetically pleasing mush when I see it. However, Sky plus will be primed in anticipation of your face slipping through the net.