Friday, April 21, 2006

Cocktails and Dreams...

My CV took a turn for the diverse last night - I did my first shift behind a bar. Despite not having the first clue what I was doing I managed to muddle through. Thrown right in at the deep end too with my 2nd order being 2 kilkenny's, 4 murphys red, 4 murphys and a Celtic. If you hadn't guessed already it's an Irish bar.

The Jim Beam promo girls swanning around also made it an enjoyable experience.

All that vodka and redbull so close at hand....ahhhh the temptation.

Still, only a couple of hours till me and Si hit the bars of Hamilton. Expect a messy tale and some equally messy pictures by the end of the weekend...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garters - impressive stuff. What's a Murphy's Red and what's a celtic? I am going to challenge myself to do that full round with Lunt next weekend. Lunt - OK with that? I think all readers of this site should take the challenge next weekend and report back - actually, that probably just means me, Lunt and Garters' mother.

Anonymous said...

Garters - impressive stuff. What's a Murphy's Red and what's a celtic? I am going to challenge myself to do that full round with Lunt next weekend. Lunt - OK with that? I think all readers of this site should take the challenge next weekend and report back - actually, that probably just means me, Lunt and Garters' mother.

Anonymous said...

The last two comments are quite similar - i didn't have the patience to wait to see if it was published first time - sorry all.

Hotstuff said...

The Irish challenge sounds good to me.

OG working in a bar!?!?! That's like making a *BLANK* work in a *BLANK*.

Best set of *BLANKS* wins a prize.

Just reread the above and I think the last sentence could be misinterpreted. I mean the best suggestions for answers to my original question posted on this site, rather than the best set of *BLANKS* winning a prize.

Anonymous said...

"That's like making a, er, "

damn. i started typing this thinking i could come up with a witty answer to your poser, Lunt, but I have failed.

In other news - OG, was at Boundary Park last Weds, FC United vs Chadderton. I gave it your regards. We won the league and got the trophy in front of 6,023 yesterday. It's fair to say that we blew your scoffed hurdle of at least 1,000 at each home game out of the water. It was a cracking night, mass party at the pub near Gigg Lane. We have a friendly against Halifax Town this summer and I'm going to try to persuade daniels to go.

Banter

Anonymous said...

thats like making a ....
Michael Douglas work in brothel