Friday, December 08, 2006

Latics world...

First of all, thanks Denners for your advice on finding out how to watch the Oldham cup game last week. Turns out I didn't need it as, despite not being on the Sky guide, it was shown live on ESPN. So I managed to watch Latics live for the first time since I left home.

I thought we played pretty well, but it was apparently not one of our best performances by a long stretch. Still, we won comfortably and now play Wolves away in round 3. Which, irrelevantly, is where I saw my first Latics away game... Ian 'the mullet' Marshall scoring a hat-trick in the 3-1 win.

This brings me nicely onto a shameless plug. Oldham are selling tickets for a mere 2 quid for the next 2 home games - Brighton on December 16th and Northampton on December 23rd.

For those who live in the North West, from what I have heard about how we're playing, I'd recommend getting along to have a peak. Shez, clutching his manager of the month award, has us playing proper football, scouts are flocking to see our young stars such as Neal Eardley, Chris Taylor and Chris Porter and we're winning too (only a point of automatic promotion...table)

Tickets are going fast so anyone interested in having a break from the armchair viewing of Premiership gayball for a couple of hours contact the club on 08712 26 22 35.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And now Donny have given you all a sporting head start, we're storming up the charts like a re-issue of "(everything i do)I do it for you"

Brentford? pah

Owen said...

This isn't no champman fantasy boz. Rovers have peaked, it's time for the Latics to make their way back to the summit.

Oh when the blues...

Anonymous said...

its all mind games, watch you rear, we love to come up from behind.