Friday, December 08, 2006

Report (for Boz)

Boz - you wanted a match report? I'm slightly less inclined to do it when we lose. But here goes...

Before the match started we were 3rd in the table, with the top 4 receiving prizes. So it was an important game. Their lead steps up to send down the first bowl of the game and he lands it within a foot of the jack. Oh dear. Making up for my absolute shocker last week I step up and send a backhand down that clips the jack and nestles nicely between it and their bowl. Game on. Next bowl from their guy hits mine and the jack, knocking the jack away and right next to their two. Bugger.

This pretty much set the tone for the game, whenever we got a couple close and looked like winning the end they nipped in and got one closer. We didn't bowl too badly, they just bowled a bit better. Neither team had a big end (snigger), the odd points were scored here and there and it finished 10-4 to them.

Other events from that night... I was greedy and had 4 hot dogs. Also, we played darts and I tried out a new action.

I've done away with the pencil grip...

as it didn't bring me quite as much joy as it does Phil 'The Power' Taylor.

I have now changed to the 4-finger barrel grip with little pinky pointing up and away. I believe it's officially known as the Dale Winton tea drinking grip...



This is apparantly a grip favoured by the 'Prince of Style', Rod Harrington. How apt.

I now have a reasonably consistent throwing action for the first time in my life and won a game too. Now I just need to work on that beer gut.

Ok, maybe I don't.

No comments: