Monday, February 13, 2006

Big news... (Saturday 11 Feb)

Today has been a good day. It didn't start particularly well - a stinking hangover made the morning pretty difficult. In fact, before I tell you about today I'll fill you in about last night. After work Si picked me up, then Leanne from her work and we went over to the RSA (Returned Services Association) in Onehunga. The people there are sound, a round of drinks cost $9 (£3.50) and snooker, yes snooker, was 50c for 30 minutes (20p). I love working mens clubs. For the sports stat fans among you (Heyesie) I beat Si 90-19 which made up for the pasting I took at tennis. We then went over to Newmarket to a pub call the Cock and Bull, which I'd guess you'd have to say is an english themed pub, where we sank a few pints and an incredibly painful shot of malibu, peach schnaps and vodka and watched the rugby on the telly which ended up....bothered. Then on to the city centre - I'll sum this up briefly...we went to 3 clubs (one of which, Boogie Wonderland, 3 times) and they were all rubbish. I'm sure Auckland must have a good indie club tucked away somewhere but I'm yet to find it.

Aaaanyway, back to the good news. Bought American Pie 2 and 3 for a total of $15 - that's about 6 quid. Bargain.

Also, I found somewhere to live today. I'm actually going to be able to unpack my suitcase and sleep on a proper bed. It's an amazing house in one of the poshest areas of Auckland, it's pretty cheap and I'm sharing with 2 and possibly 3 girls. Someone was smiling on me today.

Pictures and more news to follow soon...

9 comments:

Hotstuff said...

Tried to Google an indie club for you without success. Oh well.

While I'm on, I've let myself down by creating this......

http://richardlunt.blogspot.com/

Owen said...

Lunt, don't start a picture war - I'm pretty sure there'll only be one winner.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the phrase:

"I love working men's clubs"

I know times are hard, but you're working the clubs now? What's the deal, $10 a turn, no kissing?

Smaje said...

PT, not sure who you are (Tranter?), what with these silly Blogger usernames, but your comment had me in absolute fits of laughter! Quality.

There you are, Gartside, another pipe-dream idea for your business venture - start an indie club in Auckland! An obvious gap in the market.

Owen said...

a comment like that can only be tranter. If only he was born 40 years earlier we could have been talking about the 3 ronnies

Mark Millward said...

peter tronter?

and its goodnight from me
and its goodnight from him
and its goodnight from, er, them

and if you want a picture war, lunty:

click this

Mark Millward said...

actually carla, new EU rules propose that statutory maternity leave may be extended to 52 weeks, with an option for that to be split between father and mother, so if desired the father can take 26 weeks paternity leave.

yes, i'm still a boring b.astard

mm

Owen said...

MM

Thanks for reminding me of the life I left behind. And thanks for swearing.

Carla, I've changed it now so you didn't need to register! Good to hear from you, email me some pics of bethany

Mark Millward said...

OG

Go away you big girl.

Regards

MM

p.s. sorry about the swearing.