Thursday, February 23, 2006

Its job time

After just over 4 months of living like Wayne Slob I have succumbed to financial pressures and got myself a job. From Monday I will be working for Hanover Finance in the city centre on a 4 month(ish) contract.

Disappointing, as I vowed to leave the office work back in England, but the stark reality is that Auckland is just too expensive. So for the time being, it's back to the "smart/casual" 9-5 life that we all know and love.

Click here for the regenerated Boundary Park. Probably ready before the new Wembley.

Now back to the trivialities.....

2 most annoying things I've found about NZ so far...

1: horn tooting. Kiwi drivers are terrible, and they appear to want to advertise this by blasting their horns when THEY'RE in the wrong. IDIOTS.

2: the insects that occupy every tree and bush and screech incessantly. not content with giving me the impression I've got tinnitus, one leapt through the open window of the car the other day (whilst moving) and landed on my chest. I may have jumped somewhat. And maybe even let out a little girlie scream.

It's the weekend soon, so I plan to go out, get drunk and take lots of pictures...

1 comment:

Mark Millward said...

i'm hopefully at Boundary Park on the last day of the season to watch FC United vs Padiham. Do you want me to give it your regards?