Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Seoul...Part Three

The reason for the curfew is that James teaches at an Orphanage on Sundays - if you can call pretending to throw them off a wall, showing them how to play slaps and giving them Chinese burns teaching. The general idea is to get there around midday so it was no surprise that there was no one there when we turned up at 4.15. They were due back soon though so we took a quick trip to the nearby World Cup Stadium. Impressive.

When we got back to the orphanage the little ones were back and full of beans. Well, noodles actually. James was straight in there getting nutmegged by a 7 year old footballer (no change there then). After a short while I was at it too though as I couldn't turn down that many requests for a helicopter. I wish I had though...spinning a young child round by his hands as fast as you can does nothing for a hangover I can tell you. The kids were great though and I really enjoyed our visit.

The kids enjoyed this - honestly.

In the evening we went off to see Seoul Tower - another feat of impressive Korean engineering with views of all around, but stamina was fading fast so we headed back home. Along the way, the biting wind was taking its toll and I claimed that the worst possible pain at that point was to have someone flick your ear. James didn't believe me so invited me to try, which I obviously did and sent James recoiling and near to tears. Etiquette was such that he had to return the favour and after a bit of flinching I held still and he gave me his worst. Christ. It REALLY hurt. I was right though...James 1-1 Owen.

It saddened me to leave Seoul, I really enjoyed it. For James' version of events, follow the link to his blog on the right of the page.

No comments: