Saturday, August 12, 2006

Back to student life

Got a text yesterday afternoon from Dave, Rob's brother, as he was out in town. Dave's a student so I met up with him and a few of his mates in Shadows - Auckland University's students union bar.

As I walked in I was hit with a smell I hadn't encountered for a few years...those of you who sampled the Leek Road side bar and, to a lesser extent, the Venue in Manchester will know exactly what I'm talking about.

But the booze was cheap - $6.50 for a jug of Tui and not much more for vodka and redbulls. Ended up staying there till after midnight and me and Dave pretty much owned the pool table. I think the only games we lost were where I went in-off whilst potting the black (this happened 3 times).

Flaming great night out though, and not too late either for a change. However, the rest of the weekend will be devoted to getting my fitness spot on for the big game tomorrow. Or, in other words, lying on the sofa watching telly.

No comments: