Sunday, August 20, 2006

Woe is me...

My weekend has been very dull indeed. I haven't left the house, and the reason for this...I've been ill! This is the first time in 18 months that I've been sick, despite what my employment records may show.

Not sure what's caused it but I've been totally wiped out - run down, cold sore (for the first time ever) and swollen glands. This is not good when I'm on the other side of the world to my mum. I've had to look after myself. (violins)

I suppose I have been burning the candles at both ends of late, so I'm off the booze now until the weekend after next. Then I'll probably be back in the old routine culminating in the next breakdown some time in 2008.

EDIT: It must be stress of some sort, earlier on this week I had the dream I only have when stressed - there's about 5 minutes to go before my french lesson and I haven't prepared the next chapter in the book we're studying.

Thanks for that Mrs Browning - 12 years on and I'm still having nightmares.

2 comments:

Hotstuff said...

Sounds like a nasty case of Woofteritis. Two weeks without booze indeed.

Owen said...

Lunt, I'm an old man. And unfortunately I don't have the boozing capabilities of Dave "Bottomless Pit" Acres.