Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The beginning of the end...

Quiz night again last night. Nothing out of the ordinary, we finished 7th (again), EXCEPT the fact that our beloved local now carries Snakebite & Black...ON TAP. For a mere $7 you get a pint of irresistable maroon evil.

I only had the one last night on top of a couple of normal beers, but I was feeling it this morning. This could make for particularly cheap weekends.

Anyone bothered about quiz questions? Here are a few...

Which one of these cathedrals is NOT home to a copy of the Magna Carta...St Pauls, Salisbury or Lincoln?

Upstairs Downstairs is set in which era...Edwardian, Victorian or Elizabethan?

Pele has featured in how many World Cup winning teams?

6 comments:

Hotstuff said...

1. Absolutely no idea. Salisbury?
2. Never actually seen an episode of it. Elizabethan?
3. Errrr. Hmmmm. Two or three. How about 2.

I don't seem to cover myself in glory in these quizzes generally.

Mark Millward said...

Dunno 1 and 2, but for Pele.... 1 surely? Just Brazil..?

Seriously, I know he'd have been in 1958 and 1970 but otherwise, not sure.

Dancing Queen said...

Isnt snakebite n black called diesel?? I prefer a turbo shandy, woohooo!!!

Owen said...

Keep fighting the good fight Lunt, 0/3 so far but don't give up.

Turbo Shandy...Stella and smirnoff ice?

Mark Millward said...

the pele one was bugging me so just checked it on google... of course, i forgot brazil won the world cup in 62 too, so that would be 3?

(but... apparently he was injured int he first game of the 62 tournament so didn't play in the final - so does that make it 2 or 3?)

Owen said...

On the night I said it was 3, then wondered about the 1962 injury. But we stuck with 3 and it was right. I presume he was given a winners medal in '62.