Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Quiz transfer

I was poached last night and made an appearance in a quiz over in Albany on the North Shore with a friend - Jo, her sister and her friend. They are probably regretting asking me along as we did very badly indeed.

I was chuffed to get the answer to how many syllables there are in a Haiku, however, I failed to deliver on a couple of the pommy questions and probably won't be asked back.

I now only have a few hours to rebuild my self-confidence as we have an important bowls match later on today. I'm hoping to remember my camera this week so look out for some action shots and maybe even a video or two.

Quiz-related guessing game for you...

How much do you think the worlds most expensive bottle of Champagne costs?

7 comments:

Mark Millward said...

80 pence

Hotstuff said...

Don't be so stupid Millward.

£1.40

Owen said...

Close fellas, but not quite there.

The reason I asked is that it was a lot lower than I thought it would be. Not quite that low.

Anonymous said...

i remember seeing this in the paper, its a ltd edition french job, they refused to sell it to us rosbeufs. its about 1500 i think.

Dancing Queen said...

350 quid??? i really dunno just guessing :o)

Owen said...

NZD1900 apparently. Or about 700 quid.

I thought it would be loads more than that seeing as a bottle of house white in a Harvester probably costs about 20 quid.

You live and learn. And probably forget again soon after.

Anonymous said...

that Kristal stuff is a few hundred- Champagne's horrible though innit? I'll have snakky B any day