Sunday, November 05, 2006

A week of firsts...

It's Sunday night, I'm feeling pretty tired so I'll be brief.

On Friday night me, Rob and Casey went out - nothing eventful happened.

On Saturday I went with Si to watch Auckland City FC snatch a last minute 3-2 win after being 2 behind. Then on Saturday night, having watched the Lions smash up the Aussies in the tri-nations, I headed into town with Casey. We met up with Will and made our way round a variety of bars. Again, nothing of note happened with possible exception of seeing a very drunk All Black (not in the current touring side), Troy Flavell, in a bar.

Today I did my first spot of fishing. Casey co-owns a boat and today me and him headed out to sea to catch some snapper. I caught 2, Casey caught about 5 - all of which were this sort of size so had to be thrown back...



A fairly relaxing day, except for when the hangover, cutting up squid for bait and the choppy sea resulted in me hanging over the side of the boat polluting the waters.

The fun and games didn't end when we got on to dry land as a scene that the Chuckle Brothers would have been proud of ensued when we were dropping the boat off. Perched precariously at the top of a steep driveway the plan was to release the blocks under the wheels and swing the boat round into it's little parking place. We didn't swing it round quick enough though and the boat took off with me and Casey hanging on to it, desperately trying to slow it down before it ended up crashing into the fence at the bottom. Unbelievably there was no damage to the boat or trailer and the fence needed only a small amount of repair work. Clowns.

Did I say brief? Oops.

4 comments:

Smaje said...

That boat-parking escapade sounds hilarious! A true Beadle moment -shame nobody was videoing it (which the State would have been had it been on the streets of Britain).

Hotstuff said...

I'm up for a cheapo poker game tonight if anyone else is.

Just for a bit and just for the chat/banter (i.e. cheapest blinds poss).

Just a thought. Sunday nights really are dull for me once my squash sesh finishes. And I'm home alone.

Bet365 at 9.30?

Hotstuff said...

I'll go on at 9.30pm. On Bet365.com

Table Name: Chez Lunt
Table Password: luntisthebest
Table Type: Cash Game
Game: Texas Holdem
Limit: No Limit
Maximum number of players: 10
Stakes: $0.02/$0.04
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02

Owen said...

Lunt, thanks for using my comments to arrange poker for when I'm at work.

The boat incident was ridiculous, straight off Beadle. The 2 of us still holding on to a boat that probably weighs near on a tonne as it rolled down a hill.

The fact that it didn't go through the fence, down the next bit of drive and straight into the house at the bottom still baffles me.