Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm back baby...

I suppose your lives have been pretty empty in the absence of my updates. Although it probably would have taken a week to read my World Cup rant.

So, what have I been up to? Me and Si went on a road trip is what. We got the coach down to Ohakune for a few days skiing on Mt Ruapehu (NZ's largest ski area), then on to Wellington for a night out in a different place. We checked in to our YHA hostel, the Matai Lodge (NEVER stay here) on Monday then checked out the next day and found much better accommodation (do stay here). This is the outside communal area...



...seats ripped out of the back of an old ute no doubt. In addition, the room wasn't cleaned when we turned up at 4pm, we had beers stolen out of the fridge, the people running it were real dummies and the other guests were weirder than us.

No comments: