Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My job

I was sat at work today and felt the need to describe what my day entails at the moment.

Fonterra have postponed my start date to August 7th. Which means I don't finish at Chubb this Friday, I finish the Friday after.

The office I work in at Chubb is a small room in the middle of the building, it has no windows and there are 6 other people in there. None of them are under 40 at a guess and there's an Indian guy who can't pronounce his w's so he calles me Oven.

What makes things worse is that no one speaks - hardly a word gets said all day. I don't get it, I can barely stand it and I know I'm leaving next week, but these lot are here every day of the year. Baffling.

I'm not a big fan of office life and I'm only doing it till Christmas to build up the savings, but there are certain circumstances where it's just about bearable. WW in the early years was quite a decent laugh for example. But I presume positions become available at Chubb on a regular basis due to suicide. I'm there from 8.30 to 5 with a mere 30 minutes for lunch and, get this, NO EMAIL OR INTERNET!!!!

Fonterra has to be better than this...one of NZ's largest companies. Please be better than this...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, do you milk the cows or what?

Owen said...

I will be doing when I join fonterra. I'll be then churning the milk and the rest.

I'll carefully mark a pack of Anchor bound for Sainsbury's in Meols. Look out for it.

By the way, another gripe I have about this Chubb job is that I get an electric shock off every flippin metal surface going.