Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Quiz night

In response to last weeks answers... China has the highest railway and George was not left-handed.

Tonight me, Miller, Si and for the last couple of rounds, Kat, took part in the quiz. It was a disaster as we finished mid-table. But here are a couple of questions I'd like to share with you...

Which Coronation St characters got re-married after being divorced for 15 years?

Which event in France on July 16 did a victorious German hold aloft an Italian flag?

How many syllables are in a Japanese Haiku?

The most frustrating part was a Beatles song getting played and not being able to get the title....it was The Ballad of John and Yoko.

By the way, for those who'd forgotten I'M GOING TO SEE THE ARCTIC MONKEYS ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which event in France on July 16 did a victorious German hold aloft an Italian flag?

Was it Mr Schumacher at the French GP?

Anonymous said...

YAY I'M GOING TO ARCTIC MONKEYS ON FRIDAY NIGHT TOO!!!

Owen said...

Rowell, I'll tell you if you're right or not if you tell me who you are and how you know me....I'm stumped.

48 hours till the AMs.....get in

Anonymous said...

Mr Gartside - You'll have to do a Google search for Gary Rowell and you should guess who I am.

Owen said...

A mackham who knows his F1? There's only one person that could be...

mrCreegan said...

ken and deidre barlow.
p.s - do you know who was nicknamed 'the crab' at Man U Owen? It had me, Pete and the ladies stumped. What time can we expect a text from the gig over ere then?

Smaje said...

I would guess Ken and Deidre as well. He had that affair back in the early 90s with Wendy Crozier, whilst Deidre has seen more pricks than a second-hand dartboard - she married Samir the holiday waiter (who met an untimely death near Dukes 92). Back with Ken now, but with Danny Baldwin lurking around, you never know. Gripping stuff.

As for 'the Crab' - that was Ray "Butch" Wilkins, back in the days of Dave Sexton/Ron Atkinson, due to his tendency to only run/pass sideways.

Owen said...

Good work Smaje, that makes all questions answered, except the Haiku one. Not surprisingly.

Owen said...

It's just not on. There's no honour in using the texts.

Close, a haiku is 5,7,5 - so 17. I was thinking it was either 5 or 7 so I'm counting that as correct.