Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sports update

Didn't play football or cricket last week due to being away. The mighty Greenhithe limped to a 3-3 draw without me. Cricket had to default as it wasn't just me missing. So that put us out of the race for the semis, or so we thought.

2 short for last nights final game, we recruited 1 from the sidelines and went out to bat. As we were one short the other team got to pick and extra batter and guess who that was....yep - me. Bugger. I'd had a bad first innings so it was no surprise. But this meant I had to bat for half the innings which was pretty knackering with all that running. Did a lot better 2nd time out and scored 21 which is one of my best knocks. We posted 176 which was pretty handy and won comfortably despite a pretty poor performance in the field.

Then, as a welcome bonus, we heard other results went our way and we're now in the semis! Get in.

League table

Our results

2 comments:

Hotstuff said...

"I'd had a bad first innings"

Please provide full details.

Is a quacking bird relevant here? Of the golden coloured variety?

Owen said...

Each partnership has to bat 4 overs, and if you get out you lose 5 runs. I was out a couple of times and ended up with about 6 runs or something.

As you have to stay out there you don't get the indignity of trudging off having being bowled first ball (something I know all too well from my only outdoor cricket appearance)