Monday, October 16, 2006

1st anniversary...

Millhouse pointed out to me this morning that it's exactly a year on from my leaving do. It was the first of many as my leaving date had to be put back, but it was the main one. Smaje wasn't so happy about being reminded of that night due to the horrific mental scarring he suffered as a result of finding Lunt asleep in the curry house toilet afterwards.

Just about everyone made it with the odd exception (thanks for nothing Acres) and we had a great night. Thanks to Millhouse for DJing and co-creating the best 6 hours of music playlists in history, thanks to Joe for bringing along his band who played 2 storming sets for a bargain price and thanks to Boz for his heckling of my hilarious speech.

In loving memory, here are a few of my favourite pictures from the night...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was one good bash, ive still got your bye bye card here somewhere. i'll pass it on when you next come back.

Hotstuff said...

Who's that handsome chap who keeps appearing in the photos? The one with the braces and white polar neck? What a looker - and an eye for style as well.

mrCreegan said...

a year ago eh? We've all changed our ways a lot since then. Anyway, I've just read below about you watching netball and can only assume either a)you're queer. or b)you're queer and like non-contact sports.

Owen said...

We were actually watching the League, but flicking over for the netball score - a very important 3 test trans-tasman series. Or so I'm told.

Lunt, that picture was cut out of a magazine I think...Vogue?

Boz - I'll believe it when I see it

Owen said...

Also, in my netball watching defence, NZ have Maria Tutaia playing for them.

(Follow link...far right of 2nd row down)

Mark Millward said...

garts

just realised as well, i think, that this weekend is two years since acres and jo got married. if your leaving do was one of the best nights in recent memory, then their wedding was also up there.

highlights? for me, it would either be:

- the conga that twice got started and twice ground to a halt when someone ended up in some sort of bricked off yard outside

- duckers driving exploits, beaching his car on a rock on the driveway, or

- lunt writing something offensive in the wedding book

crazy days

Owen said...

Now that was the definition of a good wedding.

It was me and Caz that ended up in the courtyard, she had no shoes on so I had to give her a piggyback back inside. Common theme that - I lead the conga at my leaving do outside with only about 4 people joining me. Not quite the effect I was after then either.

As for highlights 2 and 3 I have photographic evidence of both, not too surprisingly.

Mark Millward said...

just been looking through your flickr photos,a dnt his one made me laugh:

double vision

fine scenes.

Owen said...

Yep, very nearly put that one up.

I really should put more of my photos on flickr. Then again, I'm too lazy.