Monday, October 02, 2006

On to Sunday...

I had very little sleep, partly due to the clocks changing, mainly due to staying up too late. But a few of us had arranged to go to the park for a kick around in the park and enjoy the improving weather. This is Auckland weather however, and it changed quickly to monsoon. Bugger.

We managed to pass the time watching sport on the telly until the main event of the day - watching sport on the telly. It was the NRL Grand Final between Melbourne Storm and the Brisbane Broncos. Normally my reaction to this would be...BOTHERED. But since I got here I've started to enjoy rugby a bit. And to help matters Casey brought his work projector round, we stocked up on beers and we had several sweepstakes going. Here is the picture in all its glory projected up on our living room wall...

3 comments:

Smaje said...

Glad to see you getting into a proper sport (Rugby League) Gartside - none of this poncey public-schoolboy Union nonsense. Brisbane victorious in the first ever NRL Grand Final without a Sydney club.

Hopefully Hull FC will beat St Helens in the British version in 2 weeks' time (got to get past Bradford first). I know - BOTHERED...

Owen said...

Having seen a few union games over here I have to say that they are much more watchable than English rugby.

That said, I much prefer watching the Super League to the NRL.

Why do I care? What is happening? Thank cripes the football season is starting a week on Saturday. I'm considering getting a season ticket to Auckland City - the Oceania representatives in December's World Club Championships. Given the standard is probably on a par with Unibond 2nd division I'd be very surprised if they don't concede a cricket score to Barcelona.

Anonymous said...

there are no easy games at this level garters