Sunday, October 08, 2006

Long weekend...again...

After the excitement of Thursday a quiet Friday was necessary. Rob and I headed out after I got back from work to a bar up the road called Cardrona where we met up with Si, Leanne and Jess. The idea was to have a quiet couple, then go to the Kingslander to watch the rugby and have another quiet one or two.

I woke up the next morning with little memory from about 10pm onwards. Quiet indeed.

On Saturday we went to Si and Leanne's for a bbq...



...then off to Eden Park to watch Auckland against Bay of Plenty (and my favourite player...Jamie Nutbrown) in the quarter finals of the major NZ rugby competition. The crowd this time was even less than before. I don't get it.

Then me and Rob headed off to the local bowls club. The new additions to our quiz team, Anya and her family are getting us involved in a social bowls competition so we went to check the place out. It's great - $3 beers, free pool, free bowls and all within walking distance of our place. All I need to do now is learn how to play bowls. Can't be that hard can it?

After a few cheap beers we headed in to town where we ended up in Lenin with Anya and her friend teaching them my trademark dance move. No pictures of that thankfully.

The night came to a close at about 5am with me and Rob sat in the garden having a chin wag and throwing oranges at the ridiculously noisy "disco bird" in a nearby tree.

1 comment:

Owen said...

I'm not sure. It's a big green grassy square. What will that bring me?