Friday, January 05, 2007

Christmas is all about the Kidds...

Rob and I headed over to the Kidd household in Clevedon on Christmas Eve. We had a bit of time for some Fizog before trotting off to the local pub where me, Rob, Dave and a bit later on Mick (their Dad) had a few beers whilst putting the sporting world to rights.

Later on we had a delicious venison meal, then more Fizog until the sun set then inside for Max and Paddy's. To which I still managed to laugh despite being half asleep.

And so to my first Christmas morning away from home. I was made to feel very welcome by the Kidds who even gave me my own personal sack bulging with presents which were opened after bacon butties and bucks fizz.

The weather wasn't fantastic but it was still warm and clear enough to eat Christmas dinner in the garden and follow it with a water balloon fight.

From top left: Rob, me, Paddy (teacher mate of Rob's), Jayne, Kate, Sonia and Dave

Posted by PicasaA satisfied look of a man with a belly full of Christmas dinner.

More Fizog and beer and we ended the day watching Se7en. I was rather dozy but stayed awake long enough to have a chat with the family back home.

When I left home I was always curious about where I'd end up for the next Christmas and I don't think it could have worked out better. So thanks to Mick, Jayne, Rob, Dave and Kate for making it such a great day.

No comments: