Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Overnighter...

I'm in Byron Bay. The weather is awful and I'm struggling to find somewhere to stay.

I set off yesterday from Sydney at 4pm and arrived via train and bus at 5.40am this morning. Lovely. I actually managed to get a bit of kip on the 12 hour train journey which is unlike me, that's despite the annoying fat kid 2 rows back who didn't stop talking and the screeching kids at the other end of the carriage.

Fair do's to the guy sat in front of me who looked at least 120 years old. He did the journey no bother. Didn't crap himself or die not even once.

Looks like I'm off to Brisbane later on today, a bit of a manc land reunion awaits...

3 comments:

Hotstuff said...

My dad lives in Brisbane and I've been there three times. Get yourself on a CityCat catamaran (look out for the building that belongs in Gotham City - tis well known amongst locals though I've forgotten it's nickname), get your ass to the Gabba or Suncorp for a sporting event and also look up the Green Papaya restaurant that I’ve been to a few times.

Errrr. And drink some Tooheys, VB and other Aussie beverages, though I've a hunch I won't need to tell you this. And see if you can find 1) the pool place in town, and 2) the class indie club that I’ve previously frequented. The indie club will remember me. I’m the one with the 'smooth moves'. They've probably got a poster of me up or something.

Owen said...

Cheers Lunt. Handy tips. Except for the beer. I'm more of a Cascade Pale Ale man myself.

Anonymous said...

Coopers Pale Ale is 10 times better than Cascade Pale Ale. Go the Coopers I say.